ACE Driving School
ACE Driving School Segment 1 Information
Segment 1 Classes
14316 North Fenton Road in Fenton
Lake Fenton High School
Click here for Segment 1 coupon
Teens, ages 14 years 8 months to the time the teen reaches 18 years of age, are required to complete a two segment driver education course. Teens must be at 14 years 8 months to begin a Segment 1 driver education course.
Segment 1 driver education course includes 24 hours of in-class instructions and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. In Segment 1, a teen must complete and pass both the classroom instructions; the behind-the-wheel instructions; and must achieve at least 80% or higher on the written test, in order to be issued a green Michigan Department of Education Segment 1 Certificate of Completion. It is illegal to drive a vehicle with a Segment 1 Certificate of Completion.
With a Level 1 License, the teen may drive with a licensed parent, legal guardian, or designed adult age 21 or older.
1. Classroom InstructionsYou must get to and from the classes on your own. You will be given a 100-question State performance test at the end of Segment 1. You must achieve at least 80% (80 questions correct), to pass Segment 1. Should you fail the test, you will be given one opportunity to repeat the entire test.
2. Road InstructionsYou will be picked up and dropped off at the classroom instruction location or a mutually agreed to location with your instructor. The time and date of your 6 lessons of behind-the-wheel instructions is scheduled between you and the instructor. Failure to keep an appointment without a 24-hour notification results in an additional charge $25.00 per missed lesson.
3. CostThe cost of the course is $300.00. The parent of guardian agrees to make payment of $100.00 on or before the first day of class; $100.00 during the second week; and $100.00 during the third week of class. We accept cash, checks (personal or business), but there will be a $20.00 fee for any returned check.
4. RegistrationTo reserve a spot in the class of your choice, please complete the registration form and return it to us. Upon receipt of your form, you will be sent a confirmation.
5. Segment 2You will be required to take a Segment 2 course at least 90 days after the completion of Segment 1. You will receive additional information about Segment 2 at the end of Segment 1. There is an additional cost for Segment 2 of $50.00; payable at the time you enroll for Segment 2.
Last modified: 09/13/08